Let’s Talk Hypothes.is!
Since the onset of the pandemic, Colgate faculty members adopted the social annotation tool Hypothes.is to provide students with a space to comment, discuss and engage in dialogue around a variety of texts, such as articles, book chapters and webpages. In this session, we’ll chat about what’s going well with Hypothes.is, share what is happening among students in the margins of texts and explore what social annotation of readings has enabled for teaching and learning.
Casual discussion will unfold based on the interest of participants. Topics may include:
- Creative assignments using Hypothes.is
- Assessment of student annotations
- Strategies for encouraging student engagement with annotations
- Ways to integrate annotations into synchronous class discussions
- Continuing the use of Hypothes.is for in-person instruction
Faculty who are currently using Hypothes.is in their courses, or those who are interested in Hypothes.is for future courses, are invited to attend.
This session will take place as a Zoom meeting. Participants will receive the link to join the meeting via their confirmation email.
Thursday, October 14 at 10:00am to 11:00amVirtual Event