Colgate Writers Conference Porch Symposium: Day 1
In place of our usual in-person, week-long gathering, we’re delighted to announce our first-ever Porch Symposium. Starting at 7:00 p.m. (EST) each evening, June 16-18, we’ll offer master classes, panel discussions, literary readings by faculty and participants, and presentations by agents and editors on the current state of publishing.
Registration is open to all and costs just $50.
JUNE 16 SCHEDULE
7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Plenary Session: Faculty Readings
8:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Master Classes: Session 1
- Peter Balakian “Acts of Transformation: Gestural Painting and Poetry”
- Carrie Brown “The Artful Artlessness of the Great Naturalists, Chekhov and Munro”
- Michael Punter “The Playwright’s Toolbox: Getting Started with Drama”
8:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Master Classes: Session 2
- Emily Bernard “Composing the Self through Others: James Baldwin and Vivian Gornick”
- John Gregory Brown “Aftermath: Narrative in the Photographs of Gregory Crewdson”
- CJ Hauser “Karen Russell and Michael Cunningham: Reveals v. Tension”
9:00 - 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 16 at 7:00pm to 9:30pmVirtual Event